- Kategorie: Internationale News
- Veröffentlicht am Donnerstag, 24. Januar 2013 10:08
Wellington, Florida - Setting a historic record for a show jumping class purse, the 2013 FTI Consulting Great Charity Challenge presented by Fidelity Investments® (FTI GCC) will distribute $1.5 million dollars to . . .
. . . 34 Palm Beach County charities in an exciting event at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center on Saturday, January 26, 2013.
It is only with the generous support of the team and corporate sponsors and riders that in its fourth year the FTI GCC has become one of the largest and broadest-based philanthropic events in the county. With this year's total, the event will have donated 4.2 million dollars to more than 75 Palm Beach County Charities and has had a significant positive impact on thousands of lives in Wellington and Palm Beach County.
Last year's winning presentation at the FTI GCC.
Photo © Sportfot.
At a time when the nation's focus has been on cutbacks and economic challenges, there is a bright ray of light shining on Palm Beach County as the 2013 FTI GCC attracts thousands of spectators to cheer on their favorite charity. In this case, the knight rides in not on one white horse, but on over 100 horses as 34 teams of three riders each will compete for $1.5 million in prize money to go to one of 34 Palm Beach County charities randomly paired to their team.
The exciting pro-am show jumping event pairs world champions and Olympic riders with amateurs to compete in a relay event over a challenging set of jumps to see who can come in with the clear round and fastest time to win for their assigned charity. Each team is sponsored by a generous equestrian family.
"This event allows us to showcase and to financially support the broad missions of 34 randomly selected charities from Palm Beach County. It is unique to get this many charities involved in a single event, so it is not about a specific charity but the spirit of giving. My family, my fellow Wellington Equestrian Partners, and the equestrian community are very fortunate to enjoy this lifestyle and this is a great opportunity for us to give back to our community," stated Mark Bellissimo, CEO of Equestrian Sport Productions.
At its inception, the goal for Mark Bellissimo and his daughter Paige was to create a unique charity model for the FTI GCC. All 501 (c) (3) charities in Palm Beach County have a chance to participate as names are randomly drawn from hundreds of charities entered. Each charity is then randomly assigned to a show jumping team. Everyone wins as each charity will receive a minimum of $10,000, which can be a huge help to many of the smaller charitable organizations.
Equestrian Sport Productions absorbs the entire cost of the event so every cent of the $1.5 million dollars goes to the charities. General admission is free and the public is invited to cheer on their favorite charity in a family friendly Saturday night event featuring a children's fair, entertainment including a live band, face painters, skydiver and special guest entertainers. Come ride the fantastic new hand-painted Venetian carousel!
While the event only lasts one day, it is important to realize that the positive benefits generated continue for a year. For many of the smaller charities who took a chance to throw their name in the hat and get randomly chosen, the money they receive from the FTI GCC can be their operating budget for the whole year. In other cases, it will allow them to reach even more of their constituents in need.
As an added bonus, the $50,000 FTI Challenge Bonus gives everyone the chance to vote for their favorite charity at www.ftigreatcharitychallenge.com which also details the event and the charities involved. You can vote until the last horse completes the course on Saturday, January 26, with the funds going to the top three fan-favorite charities.
Everyone is encouraged to support the event and be a part of one of the proudest moments of the FTI Consulting Winter Equestrian Festival. Please join us every Saturday night through March 31 for "Saturday Night Lights" show jumping competition, children's fair, food and beverages, and live entertainment.
For ticket options please contact Annette Goyette,
The event is only possible with the generous support of our team sponsors:
- Team Sponsor - Charity
- Bellissimo Family - Trump Wildcard - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Palm Beach County
- Georgina Bloomberg - South Florida Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- Boyer Family - Spirit of Giving Network
- Brushwood Stables - Paws for Liberty
- Crown Family - Western Communities Football League
- Bruce Duchossois - Wellington PTA/PTO
- Equinimity - Voices for Children
- Finally Farm - First Care Family Resources, Inc.
- Firestone Family (Newstead Farm) - Hanley Center Foundation
- Ashley Fleishhacker - Palm Beach County Motorcyclists Toys for Tots, Inc.
- Jennifer Goddard - Children, Hope and Horses
- Goldstein Family - Danny and Ron Rescue
- Goshen Hill - Urban Youth Impact
- Harrison Family - Wellington Cares
- Hollow Creek Farm - Polo Players Support Group
- Hymowitz Family (Rose Hill Farm) - Lighthouse for the Blind of the Palm Beaches
- Kalman, Pin Oak and HiHopes Team - Achievement Centers for Children and Families
- Kasowitz Family - GCC Wildcard
- Donald V. Little Memorial Team - Arc of the Glades
- Lothlorien - Kids Cancer Foundation
- Louisburg Farm, AAA Equestrian and the Reid Family - Community Caring Center of Greater Boynton Beach
- Mershad Family - American Red Cross, Treasure Coast
- Mershad Family Team 2 - GCC Wildcard
- Mirabal Family (G&C Farm) - College for Kids dba Take Stock in Children
- Jesse Pasmore and Martha Jolicoeur - JDRF
- Patten Family - Blooming with Autism
- Pony Lane Farms - YWCA of Palm Beach County
- Salamander Farm - Palm Beach Island Cats
- Nick Skelton - GCC Wildcard
- Michael Smith - The Caridad Center
- Roger and Jennifer Smith - South Florida Science Museum
- Spy Coast Farm - Alzheimer's Community Care
- Tom and Jeannie Tisbo (Tequestrian) - Wellington Colts Travel Baseball
- Trelawny Farm - Junior Achievement of the Palm Beaches and Treasure Coast