- Kategorie: Internationale News
- Veröffentlicht am Freitag, 22. Februar 2013 09:47
Wellington, FL - The annual WEF Sport Horse Auction featuring horses from VDL Stud will be held on Thursday, February 28, 2013, at 7 p.m. at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center. Seventeen horses will be presented and available for purchase through the live auction at the Adequan Global Dressage Festival show grounds.
Last year was the inaugural WEF Sport Horse Auction, which had more than $1.5 million in sales, and was produced by Equestrian Sport Productions (ESP). Horses from that auction are now showing successfully in North America.
ESP is excited to welcome back VDL Stud. "We plan to have VDL Stud back annually to PBIEC as they have proven to select a high standard group of horses for our auction that suit the American market," said ESP CEO Mark Bellissimo. "It is a great addition to the events held at the facility, and it is timed perfectly with the huge buying market present in Wellington."
Below are just some of the standouts of last year's auction:
- Dakota VDL (Casall x Contender), Owner: Hyperion Stud. Dakota VDL, a KWPN approved stallion, was inspected by the Belgian Warmblood Breeding Association of North America (BWP-NA) and was approved. He received one of the highest scores in their history with an 87! He was also approved with the American Holsteiner Horse Association (AHHA) and received the third highest score of the year for their Studbook. He is currently showing at the FTI Consulting Winter Equestrian Festival (FTI WEF).
- G&C Don Vito (Dior) (Quaprice x Jus de Pommes), Owner: G&C Farm. G&C Don Vito competes at the FTI Consulting Winter Equestrian Festival (FTI WEF). He and rider Luis Miguel Martinez placed second and fifth in weeks 1 and 4, and they were reserve champion in week 1 in the Adequan Five-Year-Old Young Jumpers at FTI WEF.
- Diorado VDL (Indorado x Corland) Owner: J.C.Y. Sales LLC. Diorado VDL and Jill Prieto, placed first and second for the championship in week 3 and they picked up another win this week at FTI WEF.
- Dundee of Scotland (aka Dundee)(Cadento x Goodtimes), Owner Ania Ekbo: Dundee of Scotland won in the Five-Year-Old Young Jumpers with his rider Pablo Barrios for the championship in week 1, and they placed first for a reserve championship in week 5 at FTI WEF.
Previously auctioned VDL horses winning in the U.S. and Canada include:
- Social Network (ex. Cupido P) (Silverstone x Abantos), Owner: Silver Meadows Farm. Social Network, ridden by Taylor Mulligan, was named the Five-Year-Old Champion of the Young Horse Championships held in Eastern Canada at Angelstone Farm. He posted five consecutive clean rounds, including the jump-off which led to his victory.
- Carst VDL (Harley VDL x Calido I), Owner: Stephanie Vijan. Carst VDL was the biggest money winner during the 2012 FTI WEF in the Five-Year-Old Young Jumper Championships (YJC). Ridden by Todd Minikus, Carst the winner of the 2012 YJC National Standings for five-year-old jumpers. This winter at FTI WEF, Carst VDL and Todd Minikus placed first and were champion in week 2, won in week 5, and were second in week 6 in the Adequan Six-Year-Old Young Jumpers.
- Corvine (Douglas x Nimmerdor), Owner: Sissy and Timothy Wickes and Emil Spadone. Corvine and his rider Louise Serio are very succesful in the hunter ring. The pair won the National Hunter Derby in Lexington, KY, and the Brandywine Summer Series.. They accrued numerous Championships in the Pre-Green Hunters across the East Coast in 2012 and are currently competing in the First Year Green Hunters.
- Chester VDL (Silverstone x Matterhorn), Owner: Jamie Pitt Miller. Last year with rider Santos Lamarca, Chester was the reserve champion Five-Year-Old at 2012 Young Jumper Championships at the Hampton Classic Horse Show and finished fourth overall in the 2012 Young Jumper Championships - National Standings as a five-year-old.
- Coverboy VDL (Veron x Corland), Owner: The Coverboy Group. With rider Amanda Flint, Coverboy has already had two firsts and a second in the Six-Year-Old Young Jumpers at HITS Ocala. He was sixth in the 2012 Young Jumper Championships - National Standings for five-year-olds.
Viewing, Presentations, Trials, and Auction Information
The fine VDL horses will be available for viewing at Ossian Ventures on February 19-24 from noon to 6 pm.. The repository is open to veterinarians who would like to inspect the radiographs and exam information on behalf of their clients on Tuesday, February 26, Wednesday, February 27, and Thursday, February 28, from 10 am to 5 pm at The Stadium.
On Tuesday, February 26, there will be a presentation of the auction horses under saddle and jumping, 3 pm at The Stadium. On Wednesday, February 27, from 9 am- 5pm, the horses will be available for trials by appointment at Ossian Ventures. Please contact Mr. Janko van de Lageweg at 561-291-2709 or 01121651815225 to set up an appointment.
The live auction will be held at The Stadium at 7 pm on Thursday, February 28. Gates open at 6 pm. For those who can't make it to Wellington, Tuesday's presentation and Thursday's auction will be livestreamed at www.shownet.biz for free.
Equestrian Sport Productions invites you to this unique opportunity to view and acquire the next generation of champions. Please join in an exciting evening that is sure to raise the bar on horse sport auctions in North America.
Horse photos, videos, and the online program can be found at www.wefsporthorseauction.com.